Friday, February 11, 2011

Livin' The Life

I was a 21 year old party girl extraordinaire, living it up in Kansas City.  Any night of the week, I could tell you what bars were running drink specials and where everyone would be gathering for house parties.  I never thought I would turn into such a social butterfly.  Afterall, until I was 21, I didn't really party.  I drank on occasion but never made it a habit.  It wasn't really my "thing", so to speak.

I turned 21 in April and ended a two year relationship in early June.  I moved back in with my best friend, a firecracker named Kat with a penchant for partying.  I worked a full time job and was a good girl at first.  After seeing how much fun Kat and her friends seemed to be having, I wanted to join in, too.  I continued working full time, and even got promoted, but still partied hard.  I thought of going out and drinking as my part-time job, and boy, was I good at it.

I was a flirt, although I never dressed to impress.  I'm a tank top and jeans kinda gal.  Or a hoodie and jeans, depending on the weather.  I just wanted to go out and have fun.  I wasn't really looking for love, because there was a guy I was "seeing" (mostly without his clothes) and I was happy with that, unless someone or something better came along.

That summer was a blast.  I made a lot of friends, downed a lot of drinks, kissed a lot of boys and had the time of my life!  Kat was only 20 that summer, so we spent a lot of time at our apartment, filling it up with as many friends and types of alcohol as we could fit.

Summer ended, but the party never stopped.  Fall came and went, as did my memory on occasion, thanks to tequila.  Soon, the weather was growing colder and December was quickly approaching.

December meant only one thing that year:  Kat's 21st birthday. 

I never knew how much a night out for a friend's birthday could change my life.

1 comment:

  1. Boy girl you sound like me at that age, i didn't drink alot but was out every night playing pool lol. looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete